Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 632
# of openings: 1
Position Title: HVAC Technician
Reports To: Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer
FLSA Designation: Non Exempt
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by supporting the resort in monitoring, maintaining, repairing and carrying out the preventative maintenance program on the resort's heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment as well as the kitchen and laundry equipment. This position also assists with plumbing and electrical projects. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our vision of Where Pride and Compassion Meet are also critical to the success of this position as a heart of the house community member. This is a Safety-Sensitive Position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least 3 years experience as an HVAC mechanic in a complex facility. Universal certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of HVAC systems including repair and maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.
• Skill in the use of hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
• Ability to lift, push/pull and grasp objects or carry supplies weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at height up to approximately 30 feet.
• Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 80 lbs.
• Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
• Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity.
• Basic mathematical skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations.
• Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of resort equipment.
• Basic English language communication skills in order to communicate with guests and co-workers, to fully understand job assignments and follow manufacturer's instructions.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and offer assistance with guest problems.
• Report to and from work as scheduled while adhering to all resort policies and employee handbook.
• Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
• Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
• Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
• Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments, Vision, Mission and Position.
• Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
• Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
• At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow associates.
• Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
• Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break periods.
• Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
• The approximate physical demands of this position are as follows:
• Supervision Exercised: None/Supervision Received: Chief Engineer
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: