Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 245760
# of openings: 1
DEPARTMENT: Jade Bar/elements Restaurant
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
WORK SHIFTS REQUIRED: PM, must have weekends and holidays availability
SPECIFIC SHIFT START/END TIMES: 9am - 5pm and 1pm - 2am
STATUS: Full - Time
AVERAGE HOURS NEEDED PER WEEK: 40
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Previous Bartending experience
Work within the framework of a quality food and beverage service team. Provide guests with high quality, consistent liquor product, served in a personable, courteous and professional manner while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guest service.
• Suggest food to every guest as food sales is an important component of the position.
• Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Know all spirited beverages, cigars, and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with elements wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
• Be familiar with elements wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
• Know all drink prices and consistently use these prices during service.
• Requisition, receive, rotate and stock procedures of all beverage items must be followed.
• Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
• Sign out bar keys from security at bell desk. Never leave bar unlocked or unattended at any time!
• Review bartender production stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, waiters and cocktail servers.
• Fill all ice bins from ice machines in service corridor.
• Set up glass washer with appropriate detergents and sanitizing solutions. Requisition and stock cleaning chemicals as needed.
• Ensure cocktail server has completed all set up duties, and is ready to provide quick and efficient service.
• Inform elements manager of any problems with beer, soda, or liquor dispensing systems.
• Produce drinks as ordered by cocktail server and/or food server through the micros system, enter all direct guest orders in micros before producing drinks.
• In the event of a guest complaint, replace drink and record on bad drink/spillage log, and submit to the Restaurant Manager.
• Maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
• Perform post service duties in bar.
• Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
• Work special group functions as required.
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including as well as wine tasting and daily pre-service meetings.
• Perform opening and closing duties as specified in bartender duties checklist.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
• Must have completed a BACE course.
• Current Food Handler's Card.
• Previous bartender experience with working wine and spirits knowledge.
• Strong working knowledge of micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
• Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 75 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
• Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
• Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
• Strong attention to detail a must.
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
• Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
• Requires walking up a footstool to obtain and store liquor bottles in overhead cabinets, extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
• Must be able to bend down repeatedly to store and obtain beverages from coolers.
• Must be able to operate glass washing machine.
• The East Patio area is a designated smoking area; must be able to work in the vicinity of cigarettes and cigars.
• Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
• Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
• Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.