This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 625420
# of openings: 1
Job Title: Spa Women's Locker Room Attendant
Reports To: Spa Guest Services Manager
FLSA Designation: NON-EXEMPT – HOURLY
Enhance the guest's experience at The Sanctuary Spa in order to achieve our mission of caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments. Handle member and guest check in and out of the locker room, recognize and interact with the members and guests, provide superior presentation and service of juice, tea and water while creating an environment of relaxation and luxury.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper cleanliness and stocking of lockers with robe, slippers, bottled water and towel between each member and guest.
- Must use member and guest name recognition.
- Ensure proper stocking and presentation of tea and water served in the locker room. Anticipate each guest's needs and assist with special requests.
- Prepare for shift by ensuring music is playing at appropriate level, uniform is clean and wrinkle free, nametag is on and smile is in place.
- Perform all opening, mid shift and closing job responsibilities noted on the spa locker attendant checklist fill out and turn in.
- Handle special requests of guests and members.
- Maintain cleanliness of locker room; mop throughout the day, when necessary.
- Advise management if locker room equipment, steam, shower, lockers, vitality pool, etc. are not functioning correctly.
- Practice safe work habits and follows all safety procedures.
- Maintain inventory of towels, slippers and robes.
- Promote a friendly, comfortable feeling while guests are in locker area. Monitor guest pick-up for treatments to ensure timeliness. Interact appropriately with our guests whether it is conversation or a quiet presence.
- Constantly review bookings for the day checking for booking errors, double bookings, special requests, etc. Perform check in/out functions professionally and efficiently.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and able to accurately describe and sell each service and product appropriately.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout The Sanctuary Spa.
- Verify appointment time with guest if guest has not been picked up within five minutes of scheduled time, and inform a manager.
- Speak English with co-workers in the presence of guests and in guest contact areas.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Front Office Supervisor.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests' needs.
- Uniform provided by resort.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only.
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.