This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 696
# of openings: 1
Description: We are looking for a passionate motivated intern who can work with us in a fast paced, fun environment and who is not afraid to think outside the box. The intern will assist in the Catering projects and prospecting.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by assisting in Catering efforts. Service all phases of social and corperate meeting/catering functuions; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection; solicit local group catering business while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Create and Maintain the events through Delphi. Coordinate all meeting space within the Views Ballroom and resort.
- Solicit local food and beverage functions.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services.
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and catering facilities, as well as other resort facilities.
- Coordinate with event planners specific group requirements with the services and facilities offered.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting and social planners.
- Distribute to the necessary resort departments, detailed information relative to catering and in-house activities.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Type contracts, menus, letters and reports.
- Assit in referrals to the sales department.
- Set up and maintain catering files.
- Attend Food and Beverage meetings, BEO meetings and an occasional Staff meeting.
- Responsible for coordination with catering service personnel, the kitchen and accounting. Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guest, vendors, coworkers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Director of Catering and Conference Services. Must hold