This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 425070
# of openings: 1
Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer
Non Exempt – Hourly
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by painting, patching, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on all interior and exterior areas around the resort. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our vision of Where Pride and Compassion Meet are also critical to the success of this position as a heart of the house community member. JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Complete various painting tasks including walls, woodwork, and patching drywall.
- Maintain correct paint consistency or viscosity for brushing, spraying, rolling, etc.
- Maintain and upkeep inventory of paints and paint supplies needed to perform job function.
- Prep surfaces before painting by scraping, sanding, or removing old finishes and paint using proper materials.
- Proper use, storage and cleaning of brushes, rollers, and spray guns.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Responds to all calls, requests for repairs, and work orders in guest rooms and public and staff areas as assigned by the Chief Engineer and/or the Engineering Administrative Assistant.
- Completes other projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training; exposure to high speed equipment.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and grasp objects or carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at height up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move and work throughout the property for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift (except for lunch and break periods).
- Previous painting experience required.
- Requires knowledge of paints to include appropriate use of tools and applications.
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity.
· Report to and from work as scheduled while adhering to all resort policies and employee handbook.
· Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
· Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while
maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
· Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments, Vision,
Mission and Position.
· Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
· Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
· At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all
resort guests and fellow associates.
· Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
· Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break periods.
· Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.