This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 205120
# of openings: 1
Responsible for clean rooms and facilities while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Must be courteous, pleasant and accommodating to guests and do whatever necessary to assure the guest has a pleasant visit.
- Organize work and thus avoiding unnecessary steps. Ensure enough supplies are taken at the start of the work day.
- Work well with other staff members by planning and following a definite cleaning schedule this will enable work to go faster and smoother.
- Follow instructions and training given by supervisor. Be cooperative and receptive to changes and helpful hints.
- Take good care of equipment and supplies to eliminate waste.
- All lost and found articles must be turned in to a supervisor or the Director of Housekeeping.
- At the start of a work day, obtain work reports from supervisor and proceed to load cart with the supplies needed for the day's cleaning.
- Clean O/C rooms first.
- Go to “due-in” rooms and get them ready for check in.
- Clean C/O rooms.
- Clean all occupied rooms before 4pm.
- Clean bathrooms first.
- Make beds and clean bedrooms.
- Clean living room and kitchen area.
- Dust furniture and C/O rooms; due-ins next and occupied rooms.
- Vacuum ALL rooms every day.
- If there are no housepersons around, sweep patio, wipe down patio furniture, front door and light fixtures. Dust all light bulbs with a dry rag in all rooms.
- Clean all mirrors and mop all tiled floors.
- If any rooms are found occupied or are in use and not listed on reports, report to supervisor immediately.
- Always check for bugs and cobwebs inside and outside of the casita.
- Always make yourself available to help out another employee if you finish your section first.
- Clean cart when finished for the day and stock up for the next day of work.
- Keep the linen closets locked at all times.
- Any food found in C/O rooms must be checked by a supervisor before ending work day.
- When using room attendant's carts, always park as close as possible to the front door of the housekeeping quarters and out of the guest's way.
- Make sure closets are neat and tidy before leaving each day.
- Clocking in and out accurately is required as per company policies.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel constantly to handle specific details or demands of quality and speedy guest services.
- Ability and desire to handle the heat as the layout of the resort's rooms dictate.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment up to 100 lbs.
- Detailed oriented.