This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa
Job Code: 625320
# of openings: 4
Spa Operations Manager
Average Hours Needed Per Week:
Specific Shift Start/End Times:
This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by providing a consistently memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. Provide nail care services such as manicures and pedicures to guests. Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications, and examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care. Demonstrate, promote, and sell spa/salon retail products.This position also ensures the safety and comfort of guests, members and employees. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our vision of Where Pride and Compassion Meet are also critical to the success of this position as a front of the house community member. ESSENTIAL TASKS Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters). Policies and Procedures
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform duties or requests as assigned by management and company.Guest Relations
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using P.R.I.D.E. process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones). Communication
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information. Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments. Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Physical Tasks
· Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Guest Scheduling and Check-In
· Answer questions about general property information and amenities. Provide Spa/Salon Services
· Maintain current licensure in service area (e.g., massage therapy, nail services) by taking continuing education if needed and renewing license before expiration date.
· Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
· Confirm guest first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment.
· Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
· Examine guests' skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition and appearance.
· Determine if condition of guest's skin, hair, or nails prevents being able to complete a service and suggest an alternate service if necessary.
· Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes to ensure guest comfort and safety.
· Check with guest to ensure continued comfort throughout service (e.g., comfortable temperature, amount of pressure).
· Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows.
· Demonstrate, promote, and sell spa/salon retail products.
· Advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home care regimens.
· Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing supervisor/manager.
· Determine which products or services will improve a guest's appearance or meet his/her needs.
· Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy) before beginning service.
· Promote and sell spa/salon services.
· Provide nail care services such as manicures and pedicures to guests, including applying artificial nails. Maintain Spa/Salon Environment
· Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. nail implements, hot stones) and equipment (e.g., wax pots, steamers).
· Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
· Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies.
· Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area.
· Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift. ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
Analytical Skills Communications
- Proactive Guest Service
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Listening
- English Language Proficiency
- Effective Communication
- Professional Constraint
· Positive Demeanor
· Stress Tolerance
· Safety Orientation Organization
· Time Management
· Detail Orientation Physical Abilities
· Hand/Eye Coordination
· Visual Acuity Spa/Salon Tools and Equipment
· Manicure & Pedicure Tools
· Disinfection Procedures Spa/Salon Service
· Nail Care Services
· Nail Disorders & Diseases
· Spa/Salon Products & Services Technical Certifications and Licenses
· State Nail Care License
Technical, Trade or Vocational School DegreeRelated Work Experience
Minimum of two (2) years related work experience. Experience in a resort environment is a plus.Supervisory Experience
No supervisory experience is required