This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by providing a consistently memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. Provide waxing and skincare services to guests. Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications, and examine skin, hair, or nails. Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home regimens. This position ensures the safety and comfort of guests, members and employees; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible.
- Answer questions about general property information and amenities.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
Provide Spa/Salon Services
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Maintain current licensure in service area.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
- Examine guests' skin to evaluate condition and appearance.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes to ensure guest comfort and safety.
- Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows.
- Advise guests on proper skin care and recommend home care regimens.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing manager.
- Determine which products/services will improve a guest's appearance or meet their needs.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy etc.) before beginning service.
- Develop and propose guest treatment plans that specify beneficial products and services.
- Performs all types of skin and body treatments including facials, waxing, and body treatments.
- Exfoliates skin to remove dead skin cells. Treats blemishes by cleansing skin.
- Moisturizes skin and applies essential oils, clays, and gels.
- Applies wraps to the body to stimulate, eliminate toxins, and soothe muscles.
- Massages head, neck, shoulders, feet and hands.
- Applies warm steam to open pores and hydrate the skin.
- Provide skincare services such as facials to guests using steamer, lamp, high frequency wand, and/or products (e.g., cleanser, toner, peel, mask).
Maintain Spa/Salon Environment
- Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. nail implements, etc.) and equipment (e.g., wax pots, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room and dispose of trash and dirty linens.
- Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, and assets in accordance with company policies/procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately, upon occurrence, to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow policies and procedures for safe operation and storage of tools, equipment and machines.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, etc., including using Safety Data Sheets.
Spa/Salon Tools and Equipment
State Aesthetician License
Minimum 650 hours certified training/education
Related Work Experience
Minimum of two (2) years resort/high volume experience. Experience in a resort environment is a plus.