This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm, friendly and sincere manner. Ensure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience; while living up to our superior standards with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Complete knowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
* Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplemental training sessions.
* Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
* Be familiar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
* Total knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, and potential substitutions is expected
* Fluent beverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbal presentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
* Ensure all levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeable presentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
* Communicate consistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
* Complete all side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
* Ensure complete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
* Close all guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
* Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close out per established procedures.
* Responsible and accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
* Follow established gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
* Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders correctly and executed with care and attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
* Pleasant voice and phone etiquette.
* Ability to service a five-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
* Strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
* Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
* Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor immediately, delays will not be tolerated.
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
* Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
* Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
* Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
* Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience: 3-5 years prior fine dining service experience in restaurant operations required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.