Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain is now hiring an Assistant Director of Housekeeping in Paradise Valley, AZ.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by assisting in the direction and coordination of Housekeeping operations to insure efficiency and to achieve the highest quality of cleanliness and guest satisfaction; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a heart of the house community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Conduct weekly documented walk through and record housekeeping and maintenance needs.
- Conduct daily inspections of rooms to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Assist in assuring staffing and payroll controls conforming to productivity standards.
- Communicate and coordinate housekeeping work with related departments such as Front Office and Engineering.
- Maintain neat, stocked and orderly storerooms.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and/or quarterly inventories.
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee moral and productivity.
- Maintain all service closets in order.
- Close all HOTSOS orders and Traces for the day.
- Follow up on every guest or employee issue with Housekeeping Director.
- Perform duties of Housekeeping Director in his/her absence.
- Perform all other duties as requested by Housekeeping Director and Resort Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Develop individuals for future advancement.
- Supervise and train employees to provide a well maintained and clean resort.
- Set up rotational and special cleaning projects and supervise completion.
- Prepare weekly schedules, update job descriptions as required.
- Assist in performing all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Insure proper training of personnel assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal, multitasking, and problem resolution skills.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- A individual that is highly detail oriented.
- Grooming is a factor of the utmost importance.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel and constantly be poised for mobility to handle specific details or demands of quality and speedy guest services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, train and appropriately discipline subordinates
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for any reason.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least three (3) years in a Housekeeping Management position. Experience in a resort is preferred.