Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our Catering Team.
This position contributes to Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by supervising the efforts of the catering service and set up staff while maintaining a focus on consistently providing a memorable experience for our guests, ensuring a successful function and repeat business. The Catering Manager is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader training, scheduling, motivating, and developing staff members; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications.
- Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
- Verbally communicate in a calm, courteous, and positive manner with all kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as, with the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable regulations and resort standards.
- Supervise the cleanup of function room, and ensure proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Enter billing information into Opera in order to generate a final guest check.
- Attend meetings such as menu meetings, staff and F& B management meetings.
- Order supplies and linens for functions from Housekeeping.
- Separate, post and distribute event order sheets for each function.
- Assist servers/captains with the execution of events according to the BEO and quality standards.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Hire, schedule, and train all catering staff to include conducting roll call and monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for services.
- Monitor staff performance, define performance requirements and develop action plans for the achievement of goals.
- Process payroll for each event, which includes calculating gratuity distribution.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary.
- Effectively resolve staff workplace issues through problem resolution and coaching.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments and disciplinary actions, up to and including terminations.
- Effectively coach and counsel, when appropriate, providing continued staff development.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Catering and Conference Services.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Ability to grasp, lift/carry and/or transport up to 50 lbs.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment at any given function.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage catering event management experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.