Banquet Set Up
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Catering Department. Delivering support to the team by manually setting up, breaking down and servicing all meeting rooms in accordance to our superior standards with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift and be aware of any work needing attention.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical transport of large, heavy materials such as tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded. Return all set-up to storage closet to ensure room is available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- Clean up unexpected spills, or special guest requests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Catering Manager, Lead set-up position, and/or Catering Captain.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific requests or demands of quality and speedy guest service.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room continually throughout shift.
- Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
- Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.
- Must have knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in meeting rooms. For example: different table-sets (round, classroom, theatre, etc.).
- Good communication is essential. Relay any guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ensure a safe working environment by abiding by all safety policies and procedures.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Must be well-mannered, display a helpful attitude at all times & greet guests when encountered.
- Ability to work conscientiously, multi-task, meet deadlines, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & follow directions. Perform job functions under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & communicate in English, effectively and pleasantly, with guests.
- Must comply with Sanctuary policies and regulations found in the Employee Handbook.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.