This position contributes to elements’ success by working within the framework of a fine dining food and beverage service team. To assist the bar staff with set up and maintenance of all lounge service areas. To efficiently replenish all essential tools and supplies needed by the bartenders and cocktail servers throughout the shift.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive.
• Be thoroughly familiar with standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
• Be aware of all local liquor laws as well as company and department policies regarding consumption.
• Will know all drink garnishes, including their prep and method of storage.
• Be familiar with requisitions, receiving, rotation and stocking procedures of all beverage items.
• Review bar wells and stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service.
• Will inform the beverage manager of any problems (refrigeration, guests, etc.).
• Will maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
• Perform post service duties in bar. Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
• Maintain organization behind the bar and lounge areas.
• In the absence of a bartender greet and assist guests as effectively as possible communicating all guests’ requests to the appropriate service member for the completion of their experience.
• Work special group functions as required.
• Perform special duties as requested by the food and beverage supervisors.
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including on premise educational programs, wine tastings and daily pre-service meetings.
• Pick up all ordered supplies from the storeroom, transport to bar and put away in appropriate location.
• Prepare garnishes, juices, and mixes to cover the day’s business.
• Set up bartender prep stations to provide quick and efficient service to the guests and cocktail servers.
• Wash, dry and polish all glassware.
• Clean entire bar area thoroughly; drain sinks, wipe dry and sanitize.
• Melt ice in bins, wipe dry and sanitize.
• Restock backup liquor and wine and complete requisition for sodas, mixers, and beer.
• Bring any remaining dirty plates and linen to kitchen. Make sure linen is deposited in correct bins. Pick up any bar glasses from dish station and return to bar.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must be clean, with a superior attention to detail.
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
• A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service -- excellent communication skills.
• Well-groomed appearance according to elements and Sanctuary Camelback Mountain standards.
• Good physical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time, up to 13 hours.
• Must be able to properly lift, move and carry product weighing in excess of 75lb., and evaluate when assistance from another individual is necessary.
• Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Must be able to walk up a footstool to obtain and store liquor bottles in overhead cabinets.
• Must be able to bend down repeatedly to store and obtain beverages from coolers.
• Must be able to operate glass washing machine.
• Must be able to have hands in ice, detergent and water continuously.
• Must be able to work in the vicinity of cigarettes and cigars.
• Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, etc.) and still maintain guest service.
• Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
• Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task a must.
• Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests.
• Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
• Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
• Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Certifications: Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience: Previous food and beverage experience required. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.