Catering & Conference Services Manager
This position contributes to Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by servicing all phases of corporate meeting/banquet functions, coordinate these activities on a daily basis, assist clients in program planning and menu selection, and solicit local group catering businesses; all while maintaining a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Maintain all events through Delphi.
* Coordinate meeting space within the Views Ballroom and resort.
* Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services.
* Conduct site inspections with potential clients, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and catering facilities, as well as other resort facilities.
* Coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group requirements are met with offered services and facilities on site and off site. Off site venues to include but not limited to: golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
* Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting and social planners.
* Distribute, to the necessary resort departments, detailed information relative to catering activities.
* Assist the Catering Director in supervising and coordinating meeting and event set ups and service.
* Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
* Responsible for contacts, menus, letters and reports.
* Assist in referrals to the sales department.
* Set-up and maintain catering files.
* Attend Food and Beverage meetings, BEO Meetings and an occasional Staff Meeting.
* Responsible for coordination with catering service personnel, the kitchen and accounting.
* Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Catering and Conference Services.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Extensive knowledge of Food & Beverage etiquette, guest relations, and service standards.
* Computer skills and exceptional typing abilities a must.
* Good telephone/computer etiquette and excellent/professional communication skills required.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
* Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
* Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
* Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
* Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
* Strong attention to detail a must.
* Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks while supporting the needs of both guests and the department.
* Sales oriented and exceptional interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
* Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
* Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
* Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
* At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience: Previous F&B event management experience required.
Two years previous Conference Services experience required.
Minimum 2 years experience with hospitality and customer service required.