Catering Bartender / Server
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by enhancing the guests experience by providing service that is personable, courteous and professional manner, thus ensuring a positive dining experience. The individual holds the responsibility of set up of the Catering bar and serve food and/or beverages to guests; while ensuring a focus in our superior standards which displays a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence, critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' dining experience.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
· Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
· Set up catering bar as instructed by
· Greet guests and respond to requests in friendly, courteous and timely manner.
· Serve the food and/or beverages in the order and to the expectation of the
· Mix, garnish and present drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
· Create an accurate consumption sheet with starting inventory, to maintain accountability of all beverages served, then give to catering captain.
· Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
· Receive cash from guests, make any change needed, verify validity of charges, record charges and insure vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all cash.
· At the completion of event, lock and store all beverages, food and other equipment items. In cash bar situations give bank to catering captain to deposit cash drop and secure bank.
· Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking shelves with supplies.
· Abide by all State, Federal and resort liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Assist other catering staff in the reset of the catering room according to the Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Catering Captain and/or Catering Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and accurately.
· Strong attention to detail a must.
· Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations.
· Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
· Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
· Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. though a crowded room continually throughout the shift.
· Good communication is essential. Relay any guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
· Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
· Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
· Ability to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces.
· Ability to handle hot plates and equipment.
· Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Has a sincere desire to provide professional guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.