Catering Dishwasher / Steward
Sanctuary Spa is now hiring a Dishwasher/Steward in Paradise Valley, AZ.
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and flatware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipments for guests’ dining experience. This position is also responsible for cleaning the physical surroundings of the kitchen and F&B areas. A focus on our superior standards with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well is critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Maintain the dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Sort and wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans efficiently, as support to the cooks.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Ensure dishes are sanitized and available as needed.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- De-tarnish/polish silver and copper.
- Maintain proper placement/organization of pots, pans, dish dollies, glass racks, utensils, and linen.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, etc.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss.
- Maintain safety standards set by the resort, at all times. Ensuring that any accidents and/or injuries are reported immediately to the Chef and/or immediate manager.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain all in order to compliment guest experience.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and written; excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work outdoors on occasion.
- Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Experience with hospitality and customer service preferred.