Catering Kitchen Cook I
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Organize and clean all food preparation areas to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, and efficient production; in an advanced and supervisory level.
· Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored.
· Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times (i.e. approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.).
· Responsible for the kitchen during Sous Chef’s and Chefs absence.
· Assist wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
· Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
· Assist Sous Chef and Chef in controlling food and labor costs.
· Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train cooks.
· Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
· Ensure proper maintenance and care is displayed by all employees toward equipment.
· Always project a positive attitude; embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
· Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
· Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
· Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
· Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
· Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
· Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
· Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
· Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
· At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Four years high-end kitchen experience and/or equivalent formal education is preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service, preferred.