This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by enhancing the guests experience by providing service that is personable, courteous and professional manner, thus ensuring a positive dining experience; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout the guests' dining experience.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-service meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Set up catering room as instructed by the Catering Captain and/or Catering Manager to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner.
- Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Catering Captain and/or Catering Manager to ensure consistency throughout the event.
- Promptly clear any dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal, or que from Captain.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing duties.
- Once function is complete, reset the catering room according to Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
- Abide by all State, Federal and resort liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Catering Manager and/or Catering Captain.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized and able to expedite multiple responsibilities completely and accurately.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continually throughout shift.
- Good communication skills are essential. Relay guest complaints/comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Ability to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Has a sincere desire to provide professional guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required