Chef de Cuisine
What’s your passion? Are you confident, creative, genuine, and proud of what you do? At Sanctuary, we seek those who are enthusiastic about food, positive-minded, collaborative, and most importantly, enjoy serving guests and having fun while doing it.
Come be a part of an amazing team!
About the Opportunity Chef de Cuisine
The Chef de Cuisine is a great opportunity to be a ‘hands-on’ leader maintaining the highest standards of quality to our guests, overseeing training, scheduling, and motivating the culinary team. We challenge you hone and elevate your craft by bringing innovation and passion to the table.
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort and Spa is a luxury boutique hideaway with dramatic mountain and spa casitas offering jaw-dropping views of Paradise Valley. Elements restaurant features farm-fresh cuisine with Asian accents and seasonal menus that incorporate local, organic produce and sustainable seafood. Contemporary and chic Jade bar is known for its extensive wine list and delicious cocktails featuring hand-selected premium spirits with farm-fresh local fruits, herbs, vegetables, and juices.
For more information, please visit our website at www.sanctuaryaz.com.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid PTO
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Lead by example in areas of culinary technique and proactive hospitality skills.
· Order, receive and store products, and ensure all specifications are met.
· Maintain consistency of product and style with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
· Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus including costing, specifications and standards.
· Encourage a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Lead/supervise the elements culinary team by mentoring, hiring, promoting, delivering performance evaluations and implementing disciplinary actions when appropriate.
· Financial responsibilities including, but not limited to scheduling staff as it relates to budget and business levels, monitoring payroll and ordering goods.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Ability to drive a van and/or golf cart; must have a clean driving record.
· Solid interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills. Must be detail oriented and able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
Culinary Degree from an accredited culinary school highly preferred.
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Must have 3 years’ experience in a kitchen management/leadership position.
Fine dining experience required.
Experience in resort hospitality and customer service, preferred.
Experience in baking and pastries.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3873