We are seeking team members who are genuine, passionate and caring. Our company’s guiding principle is- “care enough to do it well.” We are an independent, family-owned luxury resort and spa. Situated on 53 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain, Sanctuary guests and employees enjoy the stunning 360 views and unforgettable sunsets over Paradise Valley.
We pride ourselves in providing the very best- and that includes our benefits. Whether working part time or full time, all Sanctuary employees are entitled to special room rates, discounted spa treatments, and tickets to the latest nationwide attractions, events, and amusement parks at an exceptionally discounted rate.
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by being prepared to cook and present all menu items as required by the Executive Chef. Also, assuring that your performance is at an advanced culinary level, in order to exceed the expectations of our guests and community.
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items at an advanced level.
- Prepare and be set up for success according to distinct levels of business.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temp. etc.).
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of preparing a meal and at the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition, and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
- Culinary Education is preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in a high-end kitchen, with ability to work various stations with minimal supervision.
- Prior grill and broiler experience.
- Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
Please click on the link to apply for this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!