Director of Catering and Conference Services
This position contributes to Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by providing strategic direction, management and top-line revenues for the catering/private dining department. This position is responsible for 4 million catering revenue and directing/servicing all phases of social and corporate meeting/banquet functions, coordinate these activities on a daily basis, assist clients in program planning and menu selection, and solicit local group catering businesses. The Catering Sales Managers, Conference Services Manager and Director of Banquets report directly to this position. Maintaining a focus in living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, are critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
- Maintain services and reputation of the resort.
- Responsible for achieving Catering revenue budget.
- Act as a management representative to group clients.
- Solicit local food and beverage for functions.
- Coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group requirements are met with offered services and facilities on site and off site. Off site venues to include but not limited to: golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director with setting and maintaining Catering Budgets.
- Prepare and Distribute a Catering Revenue three-month forecast on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates with catering service personnel, the kitchen, reservations, accounting, front office, spa, restaurant, and shipping and receiving to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist Director of Marketing with marketing efforts as it pertains to Catering business.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Computer skills and exceptional typing abilities a must.
- Good telephone/computer etiquette and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Sales oriented.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
Related Work Experience
- 4 years of Director level experience required.
- Extensive F&B catering event management experience required.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service required.