Dishwasher / Steward $17/HOUR
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Maintain the dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Sort and wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans efficiently, as support to the cooks.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Ensure dishes are sanitized and available as needed.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- De-tarnish/polish silver and copper.
- Maintain proper placement/organization of pots, pans, dish dollies, glass racks, utensils, and linen.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, etc.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss.
- Maintain safety standards set by the resort, at all times. Ensuring that any accidents and/or injuries are reported immediately to the Chef and/or immediate manager.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain all in order to compliment guest experience.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and written; excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work outdoors on occasion.
- Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally.