Door Person/Greeter Overnight
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our Bell Department.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by being the exceptional "First and Last Impression" for all resort guests. This position requires creating lasting impressions/memories for all our visitors through interaction that exceeds expectations. It is important to maintain a "can do" attitude with internal and external guests; with a focus on maintaining our superior standards, which displays a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Providing superior, high quality service when registering our guests. Beginning with arrival, and providing information about the resort and spa (hours of operation, locations of outlets and amenities in room and of property).
- Assisting guests with specific requests: dining, golf, hiking, biking, etc.
- Maintain a clean work environment and maintain department assets. This includes sweeping front drive, steps leading to registration/main lodge area, cleaning out the ash trays. Clean golf carts and resort vehicle daily, removing all trash, wipe them down with a clean cloth or duster giving them a clean shiny complexion.
- Escort/direct guests/visitors to their correct destination.
- Maintain a positive, "can do" attitude during normal and high traffic times.
- Answer telephone within three rings.
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile and greeting.
- Have knowledge of the property/amenities/hours of operation.
- May be required to open public areas for guest use as/when required, i.e.: business center.
- Work closely with all other departments, communicating any special needs or requests immediately to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations equally with guests as well as peers.
- Promote communication between employees, Bell Captain, Front Office Manager, and other departments to ensure well prepared staff.
- Use diplomacy and tact when problem solving guest situations.
- Ensure timely delivery/receipt of guest and Casa owner’s mail and/or parcels.
- Be fully aware of department emergency procedures and act when necessary.
- Follow and maintain Resort guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties requested by supervisor and MOD, and Security Greeter.
- Ensure that all activities that you perform are logged and initialed as being complete.
- Ensure that all stored items are tagged and labeled to ensure proper distribution of said items.
- Identify and clarify all incoming traffic for resort and Casa owners.
- Maintain organization at the bell stand and in the bell office.
- In the absence of a supervisor, attend morning Front Office meeting and distribute applicable information to staff.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be able to stand 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage of 100 lbs or more continuously throughout shift.
- Must be agile enough to enter and exit cars and carts easily and quickly.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of surrounding area.
- Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
- Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
- Should exhibit a pleasant disposition and the ability to function smoothly under pressure.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment both independently and with others.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive demeanor.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least one year experience in related work.