Doorperson / Greeter
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by maintaining a secure environment for all guests and homeowners with respect to traffic entering the Main Resort entrance. In addition, you must be active in facilitating and organizing Bell/Valet staff and directing them based on activities at hand; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Be visible to all guests 24 hours a day, maintain coverage at the bell stand at all times.
* Assist Bell/Valet staff in managing the front entry drive.
* Distribute visitor passes for all arriving guests and visitors.
* Direct guests/visitors to their correct destination.
* Maintain and distribute staff keys with emphasis on ensuring all keys are accounted for.
* Answer telephone within three rings.
* Ensure that guests arriving after mid-night are assisted accordingly.
* Knowledge of the property/amenities/hours of operation.
* May be required to open public areas for guest use as/when required, i.e.: business center.
* Assist Bell/Valet staff with the expediting of guest/staff requests, maintaining department logs i.e.: activity log, laundry log, package log, etc.
* Promote communication between employees, Bell Captain, Front Office Manager, and other departments to ensure well prepared staff.
* Ensure timely delivery/receipt of guest and Casa owner’s mail and/or parcels.
* Communicate with other departments to ensure guest needs/requests are met in a timely manner.
* Be fully aware of department emergency procedures and act when necessary.
* Perform other duties requested by Bell Captain.
* Act in a professional manner in all situations equally with guests and peers.
* Ensure that all stored items are tagged and labeled to ensure proper distribution of said items.
* Identify and clarify all incoming traffic for resort and Casa owners.
* Insure Bell/Valet staffs have completed tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* Maintain organization at the bell stand
* In the absence of a supervisor, attend morning Front Office meeting and distribute applicable information to staff.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Must be able to stand 8-10 hours per day.
* Ability to grasp, lift, carry or move packages/boxes/luggage of 100 lbs or more continuously.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout shift.
* Must be agile enough to enter and exit cars and carts easily and quickly.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
* Knowledge of surrounding area.
* Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
* Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
* Should exhibit a pleasant disposition and the ability to function smoothly under pressure.
* Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment both independently and with others.
* Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive demeanor.
* Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
* Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
* Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
* Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
* At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
* Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
* Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
Education: High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience: At least two years experience in related work.