Elements & Jade Manager
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the management of Elements & Jade restaurant operations and staff in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, food, service, cleanliness, and professionalism. The Elements / Jade Manager is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader assisting management in training, scheduling, motivating, and developing service staff and ensuring that all guests are greeted in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Interacting with guests to ensure a positive guest experience and ensuring that beverages and meals are being served in a professional and timely manner.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
• Coordinate with the culinary department to implement new menus and seasonal promotions, such as holidays and special event promotions.
• Maintain inventory and pars, for the restaurant and outlets, ensuring appropriate levels of linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, are delivered and stored. Communicate any ordering needs to GM & Dir of F&B.
• Work with Executive Chef and culinary staff to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
• Taste ‘new menu’ rollout food and beverage products for consistency, ensure staff knowledge, and develop culinary testing to ensure fluent knowledge.
• Check that all equipment is in working order, communicate any dysfunctions.
• Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
• Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests in the F&B outlets.
• Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction and resolve conflicts, be a proactive participant in guest recovery.
• Assist line employees in coordinating services from support departments, such as maintaining adequate stock of linen.
• Visit and observe competitive resort and restaurant operations to keep abreast of marketing techniques and promotions.
• Perform and support line employees job functions, under high volume and emergency situations.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Elements General Manager / F&B Director.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
• Manage and assist in all areas of F&B as needed per the day’s & team’s needs including Room Service, Pool, Private Events, catering and any other area in need of support.
• Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
• Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
• Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
• Hire, train, motivate and schedule staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards. Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
• Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual reviews per the direction and support of the Dir of F&B.
• Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
• Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
• Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have good wine knowledge.
• Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
• Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits programs, OpenTable, Excel and cashier close-outs.
• Have familiarity with all positions in restaurant; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
• Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
• Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
• Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered. Strong attention to detail a must.
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
• Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
• Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
• Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Certifications: Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience: Must have 3 to 5 years hospitality supervisor or management experience in an upscale, full-service establishment.