Elements Assistant Restaurant Manager
Located in Paradise Valley, AZ. Sanctuary is now hiring an Assistant Restaurant Manager for elements.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s’ success by assisting the Restaurant Manager in the supervision of the restaurant operations and personnel in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, and cleanliness; with focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Lead restaurant staff in service period.
- Be highly knowledgeable about the resort and its packages.
- Ensure staff accurately rings orders.
- Monitor sitting and serving procedures, establish timely service as a high priority.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assure each order is fulfilled to the guest’s request; if dissatisfaction occurs, effectively and appropriately diffuse as quickly as possible.
- Edit employee timesheets bi-weekly to ensure smooth payroll.
- Perform line employees job functions as needed under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Be knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Familiarity with all restaurant positions; be both able and willing to fill positions when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Must have 2 to 3 years restaurant supervisor or management experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.