Elements / Jade General Manager
This job is located at Sanctuary Camelback Resort and Spa in Paradise Valley, AZ.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s’ success by managing all restaurant and staff on a daily basis to successfully execute all restaurant operations including Jade Bar; strive to continually improve guest and staff satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage management team and staff to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, and cleanliness with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and Promise of Care Enough to Do it Well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Ensure compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management. Lead restaurant & outlet managers and staff in pre-service agenda.
* Facilitates pre-meal briefings with the Chef and Restaurant Managers to educate restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
* Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws; monitors alcoholic beverage service is in complete compliance with local laws.
* Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each menu item. Thorough knowledge in all beverage and wine list menus. Ability to describe offerings to guests.
* Works with Chef and Restaurant Managers to develop promotions, food and wine pairings, menu items and presentations.
* Fluent in all hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
* Responsible for achieving Food and Beverage revenue budget and controlling cost of sales.
* Lead and direct all F&B Front of House Managers and staff to ensure their effectiveness in meeting company standards and policies and guest expectations. Lead weekly F&B meetings and attend/contribute to Leadership meetings.
* Responsive to all functions and deadlines as required by Accounting.
* Maintain and oversee all F&B inventories and control costs. Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
* Ensures food, beverage, china, glass and silver inventory levels are kept in accordance to guidelines and storerooms are cleaned and maintained.
* Oversee bookings and work with restaurant sales associate to maximize F&B revenue.
* Programs the point of sale system in Micros.
* Interviews/hires skilled management and hourly staff to meet the business needs of the operation.
* Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals.
* Ensures cash control procedures are followed by all Restaurant, and Bar/Lounge staff.
* Interacts and responds well to guests who give feedback on product quality and service levels.
* Empowers staff to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so staff understands expectations and parameters. Provides on-going training to ensure guest expectations are achieved.
* Observes service behaviors of staff and provides feedback to individuals and or managers. Coaches, counsels when necessary. Provides comprehensive yearly associate and manager reviews.
* Reviews Medallia guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement; review findings with staff to develop appropriate correction action, shares plans with resort leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
* Provides upper management with accurate financial monthly summary, maintains accurate job descriptions, manages Trip Advisor reviews and guest responses, manages Medallia responses, and manages Special Department Projects, Capital Expense projects.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables positive guest interaction, fluid communication with vendors, co-workers, and property management.
* Ensure all equipment is functioning well; immediately report repairs to Director of Engineering via HotSOS.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Extensive knowledge of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, and outlet operational procedures (liquor control).
* Knowledge of basic food handling and sanitation standards.
* Effective conflict management/problem resolution skills.
* Strong organization and platform skills; always present yourself to the highest standards.
* Strong decision making and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively listen, speak and write English.
* Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
* Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, etc.
* Ability to work well in stressful and high pressure situations.
* Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect restaurant and related areas.
* Ability to lift and quickly transport up to 50 lbs. on slippery surfaces. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
* Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including POS systems.
* Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Hospitality Management Degree beneficial.
Related Work Experience:Must have 5-7 years hospitality supervisor or management experience.
Certifications, as required, to comply with local and state health codes.