Elements PM Busperson (Full Time)
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Assist servers in providing guests with a personable fine dining experience; while living up to our superior standards that displays a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be familiar with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, and pre-shifts, supplemental training sessions and menu roll outs.
- Assist servers with general service throughout the guest experience; provide water service offerings, after guest have been seated, and replenish throughout service. Support the assigned server through the steps of service.
- Provide bread service.
- Assist with removal of completed courses from the table – reset as needed or if directed by server.
- Bus table and area, table maintenance and any additional directives given by assigned server.
- Set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room at the beginning and during service, follow side-work assignments, and closing duties.
- Clear and reset dirty tables quickly and quietly after guests depart wit accordance to service standards set by Restaurant Manager.
- Break down bus trays at dishwashing station; assist dishwashers when needed.
- Know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as food runner when scheduled.
- Assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and health codes.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly.
- Ability to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- Strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
- Good communication is essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor immediately.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Ability to lift moderate weights up to but not in excess of 50lbs, and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Ability to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience 1-2 years in restaurant operations preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service preferred.