Engineering / Mechanic
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by performing repairs and preventive maintenance on gas and electric vehicles and machinery to ensure that they operate in a safe condition. This position also ensures the safety and comfort of the guests and employees. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well are also critical to the success of this position as a heart of the house community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Completes requisitions for ordering parts.
* Keeps preventive maintenance records on all equipment.
* Does periodic overhaul of all equipment.
* Inspects all vehicles for safety issues.
* Deals with various vendors for parts and supplies.
* Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during the course of work shift and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment. .
* Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
* Maintains all golf carts, vehicles, and grounds equipment.
* Read/interpret equipment manuals & work orders to perform required maintenance service.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Responds to all calls, requests for repairs, and work orders in guest rooms and public and staff areas as assigned by the Chief Engineer and/or the Engineering Administrative Assistant.
* Completes other projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
* Follow Hazardous Communication Program procedures for handling and disposing of any hazardous substances, including using the Material Data Sheets (MDS).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and grasp objects up to 50 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at height up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
* Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to move and work throughout the property for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to stand for the entire shift (except for lunch and break periods).
* Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
* Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity.
* Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
* Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive demeanor.
* Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
* Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
* Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
* At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positiveattitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
* Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
* Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
* Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Less than three to four (3-4) years related work experience.One year minimum experience in golf cart repair. Experience in a resort is preferred.