This position contributes to the success of the Sanctuary Spa by being responsible for communicating effectively, efficiently and knowledgeably with members, guests and hotel personnel regarding the spa and fitness services and products. Ensure the practice of up-selling and efficiently scheduling appointments for guests; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary Front of House community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities may not be all-inclusive
* Prepare for shift by ensuring music is playing at appropriate level.
* Be extremely knowledgeable and able to accurately describe and sell each service and product appropriately. Educate guests on resort activities and facilities.
* Sign members and guests up for registration required classes and other fitness services. Schedule all private consultations, with the appropriate information, confirming appointments with the guest.
* Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of fitness room, movement studio, courtyard and lap pool; this includes but is not limited to floors, windows, fitness equipment, etc. Make sure all headphones are sanitized and properly twined. Ensure all televisions are turned off.
* Must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of shift to prepare.
* Periodically review fitness bookings for the day checking for booking errors, double bookings, special requests, etc. Notify management when additional booking requests can only be met through additional fitness trainers and/or instructors.
* Perform all opening, mid-shift and closing job duties noted on the fitness attendant checklist.
* Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for members and guests. Be prepared to assist guests by anticipating their needs.
* Interact appropriately with guests whether in conversation or a quiet presence.
* Provide assistance when necessary throughout The Sanctuary Spa.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by the Fitness Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
* Superior organizational, multi-tasking and problem resolution skills.
* Enforce all Spa and Resort policies.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Excellent computer/telephone etiquette; excellent/professional communication skills required.
* Ability to instruct members and resort guests of varying fitness levels.
* Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
* Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
* Must be a goal oriented individual with an exceptional eye for detail, and a passion for the fitness and wellness industry.
* Successfully complete a test-out on basic knowledge of the Fitness Center as well as joint and muscle movement.
* Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
* Ability to stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
* Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
* Flexible and long hours often required.
* Ability to demonstrate weight lifting to guests - must be in excellent physical condition.
* Requires stamina, and an individual, that is fitness oriented.
* Adhere to attire, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
* Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
* Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
* Always maintain high standards of professionalism, ethics, and positive attitude toward all.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
Personal trainer certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, NETA or other nationally recognized trainer certification - OR -
Must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in health science field such as kinesiology, exercise science, exercise wellness, biomechanics, etc.
Related Work Experience
At least one year experience in the fitness and wellness field.
Prior supervisory experience, in hospitality & customer service required.
Proficient in Microsoft applications such as:Word, Excel, Outlook.