Food and Beverage Coordinator
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by overseeing & assisting with all F&B operations. Works with all F&B Managers, and will assist wherever needed to ensure the smooth operation of the department with guest satisfaction as the first priority. Responsibilities include administrative duties involving the formatting and composition of menus, accounting, document creation, and restaurant reservations; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Works with Executive Chef on a personal and professional level to ensure all meetings are attended, documents are filled out and Hotel standards are met.
- Organizes Food Handler Cards for the F&B Department and regularly updates those that are expired or those employees whose aren’t on file in the F&B office.
- Will work with Restaurant Manager to ensure adequate phone coverage during prescribed hours, taking reservations and transferring phones when necessary.
- Functions as the liaison between our Public Relations firm, the Director of Sales and Marketing, Executive Chef and our media contacts.
- Assist Executive Chef & F&B Director, as needed, with all clerical and accounting needs.
- Assists with any and all menu revisions and creations, as needed.
- Coordinates release dates and menu changes with Executive Chef and elements General Manager.
- Helps create and edit menus for elements, Jade Bar, IRD and Pool; Prints menu’s as needed for the departments.
- Responsible for providing Sales & Marketing Department with current menu copies and forwarding current menus to web site manager.
- Orders office supplies so daily tasks can be met; by having an adequate supply available.
- Creates and maintains filing systems and forms in order to operate efficiently as a department (ex. training manuals, special events, uniform issue etc.).
- Attends weekly F&B meetings and creates the agendas and then compiles minutes for review at the next F&B Meeting.
- Coordinates details for all off property special events such as Scottsdale Culinary Festival, Flavor of Phoenix etc. & may be requested to work an event by the Executive Chef.
- Assists and plans Sanctuary’s annual creative event series; books Guest Chefs Travel info and acts as liaison between the Guest Chef’s and elements culinary team and Catering Dept.
- Assists with any and all special needs in relation to guest reservations at restaurant or hotel for F&B Department i.e. order cakes and/or flowers for Birthdays/Anniversaries; setup Tasting Menu Dinners for parties of 12 & under in elements.
- Creates 90 Day F&B Calendar with any Special Events on property, elements menu change dates, Jade Bar Weekend Music etc.
- Updates calendar biweekly near General Manager’s office and updates the calendar on the Computer to send out to respective departments as updates are made.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Should have a passion for food, wine, and the hospitality industry.
- Should have a keen desire to function in a supporting role in a superior team.
- Must have prior experience in restaurant operations, and be willing to assist whenever and wherever needed (bussing tables, hosting, dishing up banquets etc.)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with Point-of-Sales systems.
- Must be responsible, insightful, organized and self-motivated.
- Must have good communication skills; ability to interact with guests, staff and supporting departments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Must have 1 to 2 years administrative experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.