Food and Beverage Event Coordinator Internship
We are looking for a passionate and motivated intern who can work with us in a fast paced environment and who is not afraid to think outside of the box. The intern will assist in the Food and Beverage daily operations and projects.
The Food and Beverage Intern will be exposed to and gain experience in a coordinator role. The Food and Beverage Intern will assist with projects and administrative tasks working independently under general supervision of the Food and Beverage Team. Excellent customer service, innovative problem-solving, superior communication skills, and a high degree of flexibility are keys to success in this role.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Gain exposure to and assist in daily operations of positions in elements Restaurant, In Room Dining, Pool, and jade Bar. Learn different operating systems with hands on learning.
- Learn the full cycle of the Food and Beverage Outlet processes and assist with projects.
- Attend Food and Beverage meetings and any other related meetings.
- Provide administrative and reporting support for all Food and Beverage related activities.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in the handling of guest relations.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a business or Hospitality discipline, on track to graduate on December 2018.
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player; commitment to delivering results; solutions oriented; good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience is always a plus!