Food & Beverage Outlet Manager
Food & Beverage Outlet Manager
Food & Beverage
Food & Beverage Director
Exempt - Salaried
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by overseeing the daily operations of In-Room Dining, Private Bar and Pool Service as well as interviewing, training, scheduling and motivating staff to ensure the highest standard of service and presentation. This position is also responsible for beverage purchasing and inventory controls. Additionally, the position will ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and employees.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each menu item, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Knowledgeable of the room layout and the property in general.
- Knowledgeable about the resort and its amenities.
- Monitor tray pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up as a high priority.
- Supervise all amenities to ensure they are set-up and delivered on time.
- Attend weekly F&B and Staff meetings; check Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and inform crew of upcoming events.
- Attend pre-shift meetings and be aware of daily soup, special, and their method of preparation.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain Private Bar inventories and control costs.
- Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
- Perform regular room checks to ensure Private Bars are stocked, up to date, inventoried and organized to standard. Ensure departed guest’s bars are inventoried to ensure charges are posted correctly.
- Ensure room service area and carts are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Monitor towel and dish pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up and the overall cleanliness of the pool deck.
- Ensure pool deck and pool bar and areas are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Supervise all food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standard recipes; set-up and delivered on time.
- Maintain inventories and control costs. Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
- Coordinate seasonal hours of operation changes. Communicate any changes to appropriate staff in an efficient and timely manner.
- Familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and responsible for the compliance of the Pool Bar, In Room Dining Pantry and related employees.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage Services.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 2-3 years previous hospitality management experience.
- Must have valid Maricopa County food handler’s card.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and in-room dining and pool service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, Opera reservation system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Familiarity with all positions in In-Room Dining, Private Bar, and Pool and be able and willing to fill those positions when needed.
- Ability to drive a golf cart, lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards while under pressure
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Work well under pressure.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Pleasant personality to effectively interact with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Report to and from work as scheduled while adhering to all resort policies and employee handbook.
- Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
Supervision Exercised: In-Room Dining, Private Bar and Pool Staff
Supervision Received: Director of Food & Beverage