Food & Beverage Outlet Manager
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the daily operation of In Room Dining, the Pool and Private Bar, maintaining a focus on consistently providing a memorable experience for our guests and members. The Outlet Manager is expected to be a “hands on” leader responsible for payroll, Interviewing, scheduling, training, motivating, and developing staff members while maintaining a high level of guest service.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
• Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, wine list, ingredients and preparation for each dish.
• Thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property. Knowledgeable about the resort and its amenities such as Spa and other Food and Beverage Outlets.
• Monitor tray pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up as a high priority.
• Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
• Supervise all amenities to ensure they are set-up and delivered on time.
• Attend weekly F&B and Staff meetings; check Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and inform crew of upcoming events.
• Attend pre-meal meetings and be aware of daily soup, special, and their method of preparation.
• Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and department policies regarding consumption.
• Maintain Private Bar cleanliness, inventories and control costs.
• Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
• Perform regular room checks to ensure Private Bars are stocked, inventoried and organized to standard. Ensure departed guest’s bars are inventoried to ensure charges are posted correctly.
• Ensure room service area and carts are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Pool.
• Responsible for directing and assigning duties to Pool staff.
• Follow through on all and any directions /duties/requests as requested by your supervisor.
• Complete staff schedules and monitor employee time clock entries for missing/improper punches.
• Effectively coach and counsel (when appropriate) providing continued staff development
• Effectively resolve staff workplace issues through problem resolution
• Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions.
• Monitor towel/dish pickup procedures; establish timely pick-up and cleanliness of the pool deck.
• Ensure pool deck, pool bar and all pool areas are clean and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
• Monitor food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standards, and delivered on time.
• Ensure pool amenity service is delivered at agreed upon time; keep the pool amenity program current and up to date.
• Coordinate seasonal hours of operation. Communicate changes in an efficient and timely manner.
• Familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and responsible for the compliance of the Pool Bar, and related employees.
• Test staff monthly on menu descriptions and descriptions and side work responsibility.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enable getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, and cashier close-out.
• Familiarity with all positions in Room Service and Pool; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
• Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly.
• Relay guest complaints and comments to director.
• Must be motivated and a self-starter.
• Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, lift and/or carry and quickly transport heavy trays, hot boxes, boxes and packages of up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
• Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests.
• Strong attention to detail a must.
• Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
• Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service and pool service techniques.
• Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
• Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
• Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
• Ability to stand for 8 hours , and or walk continuously to perform essential job functions throughout shift under extreme weather conditions, when necessary.
• Ability to visually see and recognize to be able to report safety hazards
• Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress/pressure work environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
• Able to direct others and lead by example
• Practice teamwork and effective communication with director and staff
• At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
• Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
• Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
• Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
• Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3864