This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Assist servers in serving food to guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments and specific service.
- Knowledgeable of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of resort dining room (elements/jade) hours of operation.
- Obtain necessary service ware items from the kitchen at the beginning of shift.
- Request and stock towels and paper products as needed.
- Return all dirty service ware to dishwasher at end of shift, and towels to housekeeping.
- Provide prompt, friendly towel misting and water service to all guests.
- Assist in the preparation of drinks, when needed, and garnish to standard recipes.
- Move umbrellas and lounge chairs at the request of guests.
- Ensure all pool tables and chairs are clean and orderly throughout the service period.
- Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- After guests have departed, remove dirty dishware, wipe and reset tables.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Pool Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to carry cocktail tray with one hand and distribute food/drinks with the second hand -- cocktail tray could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to carry food and beverages up and down stairs safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Neat appearance.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; strong attention to detail a must
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests who may be upset or displeased.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work under extreme weather conditions; wet, dry, cold, hot.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required