Gold Key Inspector
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by assisting with the direction and coordination of Housekeeping operations to ensure a high level of efficiency and effectiveness all the while achieving the highest quality of cleanliness and guest satisfaction. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our promise of Care Enough to do it well are also critical to the success of this position as a heart of the house community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Check all vacant/ ”due in”/ ”check out” rooms, as necessary.
- Conduct weekly documented walk through and record housekeeping and maintenance improvement need, such as checking:
- All fixtures are properly functioning (bulbs, phones, A/C, plumbing etc.).
- Ensuring that all amenities are placed in the proper areas.
- Conduct daily inspections of rooms to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Assist in assuring staffing and payroll controls conforming to productivity standards.
- Communicate and coordinate housekeeping work with related departments.
- Maintain neat and orderly storerooms.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all equipment. Complete work orders for maintenance and turn in copy to Director of Housekeeping.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and/or quarterly inventories.
- Perform duties of Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager in his/her absence. Perform reasonable additional duties as requested by the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager. Conduct any reports that are needed.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- Conduct 100 point inspection of rooms - ensure that constructive feedback is provided to each employee.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Director.
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale and productivity.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Develop individuals for future advancement.
- Supervise and train employees to provide a well maintained and clean resort.
- Set up rotational and special cleaning projects and supervise completion.
- Prepare weekly schedules, and update job descriptions as required.
- Assist in performing necessary supervisory functions to effectively manage personnel.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel constantly to handle demands of quality guest service
- Ability to move and work throughout the property for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and detail oriented.
- Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments, Vision, Mission and Position.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.