Grounds - Landscaper
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by maintaining the interior and exterior landscaping spaces to ensure these areas present a clean and unique appearance for our resort guests. Tasks include but are not limited to lawn mowing, tree trimming, transplanting cactus and other flora, fertilizing, weeding, raking, and collecting trash. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well are also critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Identify unsafe work procedures/conditions and report them to management and security personnel.
- Use proper equipment and wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and perform correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow Hazardous Communication Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, etc., including using the Material Data Sheets (MDS).
- Follow property Lock Out Tag Out procedures when equipment needs repair.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by manger/supervisor.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing about 90 lbs.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions hot, cold or wet conditions.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
Landscaping Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Report defective equipment to manager/supervisor.
- Perform pre-operation equipment safety check when using any mower or other equipment.
Property Grounds Maintenance
- Monitor property grounds to ensure a pleasant and unique appearance for our guests.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Minimum one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.