Guest Services Agent
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring a Full Time Guest Services Agent.
The guest service agent position contributes to Sanctuary success by greeting and registering guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to exceed our superior standards; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome using a clear and positive voice.
* Listen carefully to requests to ensure understanding; respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
* Complete registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
* Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs.
* Prepare reports daily and distributes to all necessary departments.
* Run back-up reports and keep all reports up to date.
* Provide room keys and/or special packages as appropriate.
* Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
* Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment.
* Perform accurate, moderately complex mathematical functions using a calculator.
* Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
* Promptly answer the internal and external telephone calls using positive and clear communication in a courteous and friendly manner.
* Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for guests as requested.
* Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the even of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve the problem within the established guidelines, may include turning problem over to supervisor.
* Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy resort activity.
* Summon bell staff for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
* Perform additional duties as requested by Front Office Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress work environment.
* Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
* Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera PMS.
* Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
* Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
* Will be cross-trained in different aspects of position and must be easily adaptable to shifting of workloads and specific tasks as operational ends dictate.
* Detail oriented.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Hotel/resort reservation or front desk experience preferred.
Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera PMS.