This position contributes to Sanctuary’s’ success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Make a good first impression, and insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, is critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and inform server of guest present at the table, return to the lobby to greet guests, and check dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and jade bar, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture repairs, etc.).
- Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set fourth in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and ability to escort guests.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Pleasant voice and phone etiquette.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience in restaurant operations preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.