This position contributes to Sanctuary’s’ success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Make a good first impression, and insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and ability to escort guests.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience in restaurant operations preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.