Hotel Maintenance Engineer (PM Shift)
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Assists/performs minor set-ups for hotel meeting functions throughout the hotel and grounds
- Performs work requiring the skills of at least one of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, HVAC/refrigeration, kitchen mechanic, laundry mechanic, carpentry, paint/wall covering, locksmith or others, in addition to performing general maintenance throughout the property.
- Must, in the course of routine duties, act diligently to observe any maintenance issues, report those to the department management, and take initiative to correct the observed deficiencies.
- Responsible for the completion of scheduled repairs, emergency repairs and preventive of hotel facilities and equipment throughout the hotel as assigned.
- May be asked to provide training to other engineering staff.
- Completes appropriate records associated with work performed.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during the course of work shift and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment brought into shop.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules and MDS requirements.
- Responds to all calls, requests for repairs, and work orders in guest rooms, public and staff areas, as assigned by Chief Engineer/Engineering Administrative Assistant, in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
- Uses HotSoS and Daily Log, daily for work assignments throughout each shift.
- Completes projects as assigned by Chief Engineer, Engineering Coordinator or Director of Engineering.
- Communicates status of work in progress to supervisors, and when the work is completed.
- Clean all stations in Engineering and maintain an organized department and hotel.
- Is completely familiar with Hotel Emergency procedures and responds quickly and appropriately to all emergency situations, and provides appropriate notifications to management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to kneel, squat, bend, stoop, and lift (up to 75 lbs.) repetitively
- Ability to lift, carry, push/pull, and grasp objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights of up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to move and work throughout the property or stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity.
- Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment both independently and with others.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive demeanor.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of one (1) years related work experience.
Post high school training in engineering/maintenance/construction etc.
Strong technical background with minimum 2 years hands on experience in maintenance related activities.
Experience in a resort is preferred.
Must be able to read blueprints & schematic diagrams.
Must be able to use trade specific hand and power tools
Must be able to make accurate measurements
Must have good technical math skills
Must have troubleshooting skills