Housekeeping Facilities Attendant $17/HOUR
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Housekeeping Department. To maintain the cleanliness and order of our public facilities in superior standards, with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Perform routine cleaning tasks such as:
- Clean assigned restroom facilities (public and employee).
- Restock any necessary supplies such as amenities, toiletries, ladies necessities etc.
- Maintain cleanliness in the Front Desk, Concierge, Sales, Catering HR offices and business offices; such as vacuuming, dusting, and emptying trash bins.
- Keep elements and jade bar clean. Dusting, wiping down, and vacuuming all areas routinely.
- Mop public areas such as the lobby, computer room, sunset patio, and the surrounding area near the fireplace.
- All the double doors (glass doors) must be cleaned.
- Perform tasks pertinent to Housekeeping at the end of every shift.
- Clean mail room and coffee area weekly.
- During summer - deep cleaning tasks must be completed in assigned areas.
- Maintain supply of bulk towels daily.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific demands of quality guest service.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull heavy furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
- Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress work environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment by abiding by all safety policies and procedures.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Must be well-mannered, display a helpful attitude at all times & greet guests when encountered.
- Ability to work conscientiously, multi-task, meet deadlines, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & follow directions. Perform job functions under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & communicate in English, effectively and pleasantly, with guests.
- Must comply with Sanctuary policies and regulations found in the Employee Handbook.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.