Housekeeping - Houseperson (AM)
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our Housekeeping Department.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Housekeeping Department. Delivering support to the team by assisting both room attendants and laundry attendants, in the completion of their tasks. Maintaining the facilities to our superior standards, with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, is critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Assist Room Attendants & Laundry Attendants with any tasks.
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to:
- Delivering clean linen to assigned areas (spa, room attendants, pool, etc.)
- Assist in cleaning guest rooms and facilities, as needed.
- Maintain and empty trash bin.
- Stock any linen needed at pool and satellite pools (towels, chairs covers, etc.)
- Help housekeepers discard garbage or transport dirty linen.
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed.
- Deliver guest requests and/or report to the appropriate personnel.
- Follow proper procedures for returning key cards and cart keys.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Scheduled shifts vary from Sunday-Saturday at 7AM TO 3:30PM OR 8:00AM TO 4:30PM (a combined schedule)
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific requests or demands of quality and speedy guest service.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull heavy furniture weighing up to 100lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
- Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress/pressure work environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment by abiding by all safety policies and procedures.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be detail oriented, motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Must be well-mannered, display a helpful attitude at all times & greet guests when encountered.
- Ability to work conscientiously, multi-task, meet deadlines, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & follow directions. Perform job functions under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand & communicate in English, effectively and pleasantly, with guests.
- Must comply with Sanctuary policies and regulations found in the Employee Handbook.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays.QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.