Housekeeping - Room Attendant (AM)
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Housekeeping Department. Cleaning and providing a daily service for guest rooms to ensure cleanliness but most importantly guest satisfaction. Maintain the cleanliness of guest room and facilities, with the willingness to exceed guest expectations with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Work well with other staff members by planning and following a definite cleaning schedule.
- Maintain and take good care of equipment and supplies.
- All lost and found articles must be immediately turned into your supervisor or the Director of Housekeeping.
- Complete daily cleaning tasks such as:
Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish, vacuum and service guest rooms and patios daily in accordance with hotel procedures
Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies
Empty waste baskets
Rearrange furnishings, drapes and room accessories
Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests
Stock and re-stock your cart for the preparation of the work day or the following
- If any rooms are found occupied or are in use and not listed on reports, report to supervisor immediately.
- If your team needs help after you’ve completed your portion, lend a helping hand.
- Report any possibility of pest infestation immediately.
- Report any damage, hazards, repairs, ad strangers in assigned areas.
- Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and Found item and writing: the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Responsible for all keys signed out for the shift.
- Clean all corridors and service areas.
- Respond to any projects or requests developed by the Housekeeping management team.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Director or Management team.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Scheduled shifts vary from Sunday-Saturday at 7AM TO 3:30PM
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continuously to handle demands of quality and efficient guest service.
- Ability to push and/or pull furniture/equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress/pressure work environment.
- An individual with solid interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and detail oriented is a must.
- Must be courteous, pleasant and accommodating to guests.
- Ability to work conscientiously, be organized, meet deadlines, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly in English with guests.
- Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.
8:30 TO 5 PM Weekdays and 9 to 5:30 sundays or holidays. This is a schedule for the duration of processes that have to do with COVID-19. The regular schedule is 8:00 am to 4:30 during weekdays and 8:30 or 9 am sundays and holidays.