Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Housekeeping Department. Cleaning, stocking, and providing turndown service for guest rooms to ensure cleanliness but most importantly guest satisfaction with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide turn down service by partially removing and storing bedspread, replenishing amenities, linens, maintain trash bins and supplies and filling ice bucket as requested by guest.
- Maintain cleanliness in guest restrooms.
- Sign for room keys and restock cart.
- Visually inspect rooms for cleanliness and appearance of room.
- All lost and found articles must be turned into supervisor or the Director of Housekeeping.
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests for items and/or other information.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks (daily, weekly, and monthly). Cleaning areas includes, but is not limited to, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, washing walls, polishing, glass cleaning, and deep cleaning.
- Maintain and restock any needed supplies including amenities/ladies necessities/toiletries etc. in public areas, restrooms and facilities.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of any storage areas.
- Incorporate safe work practices at all times, and comply with all safety regulations, including those in the Cart Operation and Safety Training Acknowledgement.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the Safety Data Sheet.
- Report any maintenance or guest issues promptly.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Spa Director or Housekeeping Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel constantly to handle specific demands of quality, quick guest service.
- Ability to work with cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, hot, cold, and wet.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, be trustworthy, detail oriented and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work conscientiously, meet deadlines, multitask, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
- Understand and communicate in English in an effective and pleasant manner.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.