Human Resources Coordinator
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary Camelback Resort and Spa is now hiring for our Human Resources Team.
Position hours 8am to 4:30pm Monday- Friday.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
The HR Coordinator contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Human Resources department by: coordinating and administering Employee Programs, processing and maintaining accurate employee records; and providing a welcoming environment where employees are comfortable. A focus on our superior standards, living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Administer and coordinate all Employee Programs, including but not limited to Birthday, Anniversary, Employee of the Month, Manager of the Quarter, Managing Director's Breakfast/Luncheon, Service Awards, Employee Mention program, Employee Referral bonus programs, etc.
- Respond to Employment Verifications.
- Process new employees, and make changes to employee data in payroll system.
- Create, run and organizing reports, as requested.
- Make nametags as needed and/or requested.
- Administer the Trip Reduction Program (TRP).
- Administer employee discount requests for rooms.
- Assist in preparing employee newsletter, announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating of new plans benefit plans to employees.
- Maintain office supplies, including HR forms.
- Monitor the employee bulletin boards and other company literature.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Handle employee requests in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
- Conduct applicant pre-screening interviews.
- Conduct new hire employment verification checks.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Human Resources and HR Manager
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Have solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all employees and employee representatives, some of whom will require patience to collect accurate information & resolve conflicts.
- Effective professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to perform basic filing.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must be detail oriented; quality and accuracy are .
- Ability to juggle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit continuously to perform essential job functions for eight hours.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
1-2 years of prior Human Resources experience required preferred.
Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now, and E-Verify preferred.
Bilingual/Spanish speaking perferred.
Excellent English verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.