Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for recruiting qualified candidates for positions at all levels within the organization, including senior leadership. Prescreens and interviews prospective applicants, answers their questions about the job and the organization, and evaluates their qualifications. Checks references of candidates or evaluates reference checks performed by subordinates. Makes recommendation as to whether or not candidate should be hired; hires directly for certain entry level positions. Additionally, creates, coordinates and executes Employee Relations events to foster an environment that supports our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive.
• Coordinate all Employee Programs, including but not limited to Birthday, Anniversary, Employee of the Month/Hospitality Hero, Manager of the Quarter, Service Awards, Employee Mention program, Employee Referral bonus programs, etc.
• Respond to Employment Verifications.
• Process new employees, promotions, terminations and make changes to employee data in payroll system.
• Create, run and organizing reports, as requested.
• Make nametags as needed and/or requested.
• Administer the Trip Reduction Program (TRP).
• Process employee discount requests for rooms.
• Maintain office supplies, including HR forms.
• Monitor the employee bulletin boards and other company literature.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
• Handle employee requests in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
• Complete new hire pre-employment checks.
• Build and nurture relationships with hiring managers to support hiring needs at all levels of the organization.
• Post compelling job announcements and uses search methods (e.g. LinkedIn, Indeed, Handshake, etc.) to identify and attract strong candidates in a competitive market.
• Present qualified and interested candidates to hiring managers and coordinate the full recruitment cycle.
• Collaborate with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
• Develop and maintains a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
• Initiate contact with possibly qualified candidates for specific job openings.
• Review applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
• Screen and refer candidates for additional interviews with others in organization.
• Places job advertising in various media.
• Coordinate internal job posting program and writes job postings.
• Coordinate participation in and attends local job fairs.
• Develop and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
• Provide information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants.
• Check references of candidates or evaluates reference checks performed by subordinates. Makes recommendation as to whether or not candidate should be hired; hires directly for certain entry level positions.
• Communicate the understanding of the resort’s service standards and guest expectations.
• Maintain and update training records using ADP, including department orientation records etc.
• Conduct New Hire Orientation and coordinates guest speakers.
• Coordinate and facilitate trainings for employees.
• Maintain records and prepare statistical reports.
• Plan and execute employee events in partnership with the Human Resources team and assist with special projects, events and activities relating to the property.
• Create and distribute weekly job opportunities internally and externally.
• Responsible for communicating and tracking of 90 Day Reviews, Annual Reviews, and Certifications.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director of Human Resources and Director of Human Resources.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Fluent in both English and Spanish (verbally and written) preferred.
• Ability to stand/sit for extended periods of time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance.
• Ability to take initiative; be proactive without waiting for direction; strong sense of personal accountability.
• Strong ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail a must.
• Pleasant personality to effectively deal with internal and external guests to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing.
• Outgoing and positive attitude.
• Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
• Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
• Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Related Work Experience: Minimum of one year in an administrative capacity. Experience in human resources at a luxury hotel/resort preferred.
Required Knowledge: Bilingual in English and Spanish (verbally and written) preferred. Computer skills, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.