Jade Bar Manager
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the management of all bar outlet operations and staff in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and professionalism. The Jade Bar Manager is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader assisting management in training, scheduling, motivating, and developing service staff and ensuring that all guests are greeted in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Interacting with guests to ensure a positive guest experience and ensuring that beverages and meals are being served in a professional and timely manner.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and department policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Manage cocktail creation lists, liquor and beer procurement and placement on our menus, pricing of all liquor and beer items for guest consumption.
- Training and Education of all service staff on liquor, beer, and cocktail selections.
- Write Jade Bar schedules and manage staff time off requests and other scheduling needs.
- Process payroll in accordance with payroll calendars.
- Know all spirited beverages, cigars, and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with elements wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Know all drink prices and consistently use these prices during service.
- Ensure staff accurately rings orders.
- Monitor sitting and serving procedures, establish timely service as a high priority.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assure each order is fulfilled to the guest’s request; if dissatisfaction occurs, effectively and appropriately diffuse as quickly as possible.
- Perform line employees job functions as needed under high volume and emergency situations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledgeable regarding food and beverage techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Familiarity with all bar positions and be able and willing to fill those positions, when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication essential with ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task a must.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
- Current Food Handler’s Card. Managers’ Title IV Alcohol Certification
- Must have 2 to 3 years hospitality Food And Beverage/Bar supervisor or management experience.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3899