Jade Bar Server (Part Time)
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by serving our guests in a personable, courteous, and professional manner. Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and working within the framework of the food and beverage service team; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guest service.
- Suggest and promote food served in elements, as food sales are an important part of the position.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages, cigars, and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with the elements wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Knowledgeable about elements menus and hours of operation.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Set up and stock cocktail service stations, including the service bar station. Maintain station in clean and orderly fashion throughout the service period.
- Maintain and ensure each table is clean and presentable for each and every guest.
- Ensure ample supplies of plates, napkins, straws, etc. ensuring a successful service.
- Take beverage orders and ensure placement of order and timely delivery.
- Garnish each drink according to standard recipes. Serve guests by set service standards.
- Circulate through service area continually to obtain repair orders, pick up dirty glassware, change dirty ashtrays, and tend to general needs of guests.
- Work special group functions, as required.
- Assist bartender in closing duties.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 75 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Must be able to carry cocktail tray with one hand and distribute cocktails with the second hand -- cocktail tray could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Must work well under a high stress/pressure environment.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests who may be upset or displeased.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (ex. Music), and still maintain guest service.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Previous cocktail and wine service experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.