Kitchen Cook I $22-$24
KITCHEN COOK I JOB SUMMARY
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by leading the cooks, pantry and utility persons. Ensure consistent preparation and presentation of menu items as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. In the absence of the Chef and Sous Chef, is in charge of the entire kitchen operation. Ensure all food preparation and presentation is to the specifications established by the Chef.
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort and Spa is a luxury boutique hideaway with dramatic mountain and spa casitas offering spectacular views of Paradise Valley. Sanctuary Spa, an intimate retreat, offers Asian-inspired treatments along with a relaxing meditation garden, movement studio and fitness center. Elements restaurant features farm-fresh cuisine with Asian accents while jade bar is known for its extensive wine list. Along with Scottsdale shopping and golf, guests enjoy the infinity pool, tennis and hiking in the shadows of Camelback Mountain.
For more information, please visit our website at www.sanctuaryaz.com.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid PTO
- Organize and clean all food preparation areas to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, and efficient production; in an advanced and supervisory level.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored.
- Responsible for the kitchen during Sous Chef’s and Chefs absence.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Four years high-end kitchen experience and/or equivalent formal education is preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service, preferred.